Wednesday, January 26, 2011

DO EVERYTHING AT ONCE

Nasreddin was working for a rich man. One day his master called him and said, “Nasreddin, come on in”.

Nasreddin came in and sat in a chair. His master said further, “You are a very good man. But it’s a pity that you are so slow in doing anything. You never do something at once. If I, for example, ask you to buy three eggs, you will go to the shop and go home with one egg. Then you go for the second egg and so forth”.

“I’m sorry, Sir, I’m a fool. I won’t the same thing again in the future. I’ll do everything at once.

Several days later, his master was sick. Nasreddin was asked to get a doctor.

When he came back, his master was surprised because he did not only get a doctor, but also many other men. He brought all into his master’s bedroom.

“Excuse me, Sir. I got them already”, he said.

“Got them? Who are they? I just asked you to get a doctor”, asked his master.

Then Nasreddin explained, “Excuse me, Sir. A doctor usually gives us a prescription. Here I get a medicine man who will make the medicine prescribed for you. And the medicine man, of course, will make the medicine from roots of plants. Here I get someone who sells the ingredients for such medicine. I also get a coal seller, because usually we boil the medicine first. And it needs coal.”

“Who is the last?” said the master. He saw one more person in the room that had not been introduced yet.

“There is also a possibility that the doctor cannot help us. You may die. So I get a grave digger. Sir, I do it at once”.

0 comments:

Post a Comment