Monday, January 10, 2011

Supernatural Power

One day King Aaron called Abunawas to the palace. He asked, “Have you ever heard the story of a man with supernatural power, Abu?”

“Of course, His Majesty. With such power, a person will not suffer any pain nor be hurt,” Abunawas answered.

“That’s right. Today I assign you to look for a charm. People say with a charm any person will not suffer any pain. No matter how people try to hurt him, he will not suffer,” said the king.

Abunawas was quiet for a moment. He thought about the duty for some minutes. Then he said, “Tomorrow I’ll get it” Abunawas said.

This answer made many people surprised.

“Tomorrow?!!” asked the king

“Yes, tomorrow, Your Majesty,” Abunawas answered.

Then Abunawas went home. In the following day, exactly at noon, he went to the palace again.

“Have you got the charm, Abu?” asked the king.

“Yes, Your Majesty.”

“Could you show me?”

“Here it is,” said Abunawas. He took out a piece of white cloth. “If anybody ties this cloth around his waist, he will get a supernatural power. Nothing will hurt his body.

“How can I believe that? I need a proof, Abu?” said the king.

“It’s easy, Your Majesty. I tie it around your waist. Let the guards hit you and you will not feel pain,” said Abunawas.

The king was surprised. “No, Abu. Why don’t you try it to yourself?”

“No, Your Majesty. If I do it myself and let people hit me, I can tell a lie. I just can say I don’t feel any pain although I suffered very much. That’s why I need somebody to try it out,” said Abunawas.

There was silence before the king asked, “So, how will you prove it, if I don’t want to try it out?”

“Let’s try on a soldier,” said Abunawas.

The king did not agree with Abunawas’ idea, because the king did not believe that it a real charm. Abunawas did not argue the king and only said, “I have my own soldier.” Then he went out to the palace square where several people gathered.

Abunawas walked toward a tree grew on the palace square. Some people soon stood around him. He tied the cloth around the tree. Suddenly he took a piece of paper out of his pocket. It was written on it the word “SOLDIER”.

Next, he stretched the paper and showed it to the people. He asked, “Do you know what it is?”

The people were confused. Some of them said, “Paper.” Some other said, “Soldier.”

Abunawas held the paper with his left hand, and pointed the word with his right hand. Then he asked the same question. “Do you know what it is?”

“SOLDIER!” said the people together.

“What is it?” repeat Abunawas.

“SOLDIER!” they shouted together.

Abunawas smiled and said, “All right, I put this soldier under the tree and I tie it around the tree using that piece of cloth.”

Abunawas slipped the paper between the white cloth and the tree. He said to the people again, “Now, throw anything you like to that soldier!”

The people were confused. Then Abunawas gave an example. He took a stone and threw it to the piece of paper emotionally. Soon other people did the same too.

Abunawas quietly walked to the king and whispered, “You see, Your Majesty. That soldier doesn’t complain at all. He feel no pain!”

0 comments:

Post a Comment