Sunday, January 30, 2011

WHERE IS MY SIXTH DONKEY?

One sunny morning, Nasreddin went to the market and bought six donkeys with him. He wanted to sell them. Nasreddin felt tired and then rode one of the donkeys.

A moment later he wanted to make sure that he did not lose any of the donkeys. Sitting on the back of his donkey. Nasreddin counted his donkeys but skipping the one he was riding on. So, he was confused because there were only five donkeys left, while he brought six donkeys from his house.

He got down from his donkey and started to count again. He was very glad at that time because the donkeys were six. He rode one of them again. Five minutes later he started counting the donkeys again. And he was confused again because he only got five donkeys.

Coincidentally one of his friend came and asked him, “Why do you look very confused, Nasreddin?”

Nasreddin answered, “Yes, I’m very confused. This morning I left my house and brought six donkeys with me. Because I was tired I rode on one of them. I counted my donkeys. There were only five donkeys. Then I got down from my donkey. I counted again and there were six donkeys. I was wondering and also glad because my lost donkey was back. Then I rode on one of them again. Now, I count them again and there are only five donkeys left”

His friend said, “There are six donkeys here.”
“No, there are only five, Let me count again, one, two, three, four, and five. There are only five!” Nasreddin answered.

“Yes, you just counted five donkeys, and you are riding on the other one and you didn’t count it. So there are six donkeys,” his friend explained.

0 comments:

Post a Comment